The workinge life for Boomers and Seniors are extending into the 70s.
I noticed that this phenomenon situation started in the last 5 to 6 years.
I remember older generation like my parents and their co-horts
were happily retired when they reached their 60s.
At the age way past 60s, some of us simply can not retire and if we
have retired, many have had to go back to work and probably
have to work until they reach their mid 70s.
1) Not saving enough.
2) The Economies ruined all their retirement nest eggs.
3) The housing bubbles and the housing bust ruined their retirement vested
in the equities of their homes.
4) Social Security payments are not keeping up with the cost of living.
5) Social Security represent only 1/3 to 1/4 of their previous income.
6) They are having difficulties adjusting to their new, meager lifestyles.
According to the article from Newsmax.com,
this report from The National Retirement Risk Index also
shows that 1/2 of U. S. Households are 'At Risk' in Retirement....
REPRINT FROM Newsmax.com email